If you are living on a higher floor, install a glass wall in the condo (ติด กระจก ผนัง คอน โด, which is the term in Thai) to enjoy the breathtaking view of the city. Glass walls make the condo look more spacious and provide the necessary natural light and ventilation.
Glass walls serve both aesthetic and functional purposes in modern condos. Impact-resistant glass can be used to enhance the visual appeal of the entire condo and allow free circulation of air and light.
Designs of Glass Walls
There are a variety of design options available while installing glass walls in the condo. They can be divided into the following:
- Stationery Glass Walls
- Partially Or Fully Sliding Glass Walls
- Foldable-Hinge Doors
- Opaque Or Transparent Walls
- Glass Walls With Designs For Colorful Illumination.
Even the interior partitioning in condos can be done with glass walls. Opaque or Tinted glasses are used to provide privacy.
The home office area can be set up with glass walls with a hinged or sliding door. This offers the necessary space to do the work in peace but glass walls do not ensure soundproofing.
While installing glass walls in a condo one can choose the best-suited glass from the wide range of glasses with a specific purpose mentioned below
- Patterned or textured glass – This type of glass has an embossed surface and provides excellent illumination.
- Spandrel glass – This glass is stronger than the traditional glass and can be used to disguise unappealing areas in the condo. Kitchen interiors are usually made of Spandrel glass.
- Tinted glass – This glass absorbs heat and provides a cooling effect. These glasses can be used for places that require low illumination.
- Reflective glass – As the name suggests this glass is used to reflect heat and light. This glass is best suited for office decor.
- Satin glass – This glass has a smooth finish. This glass provides a blurry view and can be used on bedroom walls and bathroom stalls.
- Security glass – This glass is generally used to ensure that structure stays put in the event of a disaster. It is laminated glass and can withstand even bullet attacks.
- Acoustic glass – This glass provides noise cancellation and can be used in home offices and home studios.
The cost of installation depends on the dimensions of the glass to be installed, types of the glass, design specification, and the complexity of the installation. Considering all the above-mentioned points, one can design the walls of the condo suited to their taste.