Mumbai is India’s financial capital as well as a commercial activity hub for the western part of India. It is also one of India’s most popular locations for technical and management education. There are many governments and private colleges in Mumbai which offer undergraduate, postgraduate, & various other courses in different engineering fields. You can check the details of popular engineering colleges in Mumbai offering B.Tech in Biomedical engineering through this article.
Top 5 Popular engineering colleges offering Biomedical engineering
- DY Patil School of Biotechnology & Bioinformatics, Navi Mumbai
The School of Biotechnology and Bioinformatics was established in June 2003 in Belapur CBD, Navi Mumbai. The college is located on a 12-story landmark building, spread over an area of 64,000 sq ft.
The college offers a unique learning experience for its students with an outstanding curriculum and experienced faculties. This college has an academic climate that fits the best biotechnology institutions in the world.
- Applicants must have passed in 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board, receiving a minimum of 50% marks for all subjects in total. English is mandatory as a subject.
- The reserve category students will have 5 percent relaxation for eligibility.
- The candidates need to appear on the admission test conducted by the D.Y. Patil university.
- Candidates who are not able to appear for an entrance test are required to have the desired score in recognized entrance examinations like JEE Main.
- Vidyalankar Institute of Technology (VIT), Mumbai
Vidyalankar Institute of Technology offers various B. Tech, M.Tech, and MMS programs. All degree programs will be accepted on the basis of the percentage secured in the qualifying degree, followed by a face-to-face round of interview.
Vidyalankar provides a wide variety of co-curricular, and extracurricular opportunities, which stand on the foundations of many student clubs and student councils. The unique culture of VIT’s sports, music, literary, and technological forums harness the innovative ability of students equipping students as competent professionals and future global leaders.
- An applicant must have cleared 10+2 or either of its counterparts with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and Biology /Biotechnology subjects with at least 50 percent marks.
- Candidates belonging to the backward class or SC/ST category need to have an aggregate of at least 45%.
- In addition, they must have appeared in all MHT-CET subjects and should not receive any zero scores in CET.
- An applicant who wishes to enroll at the Vidyalankar Institute of Technology for admission to the B.Tech course must apply for the MH-CET exam. Admission to the VIT B.Tech course is based on (MHT-CET).
- After the MHT-CET results are released, applicants can apply for the counseling process.
- Thadomal Shahani Engineering College
The Thadomal Shahani Engineering College (TSEC) has offered engineering degrees under the University of Mumbai since 1983. This college is approved by the AICTE. TSEC is extremely successful In developing an academic atmosphere where learners are increasingly successful in unleashing their potential.
TSEC follows a gender agnostic learning climate in which wards flourish over a span of four years of participation and emerge as active contributors. The main advantage of this institute is its placement records, where 81 percent were successful in grabbing a job and 15 percent continued to seek higher education.
- All prospective students should have completed 10+2 from a recognized board by the Government of India with at least 50 percent marks with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Biology or Biotechnology as another subject.
- For reserved categories, the cut-off mark is 45%.
- All students from Maharashtra need to clear MHT-CET.
- Candidates from other states need to clear the JEE Main test.
- Dwarkadas J. Sanghvi College of Engineering
In the year 1994, the Dwarkadas J. Sanghvi College of Engineering (DJSCE) of Shri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal (SVKM) started its journey. DJSCE has come a long way in the span of 25 years and has made a good name in India as well as abroad.
Along with state-of-the-art facilities and distinguished professors, the desirable location of the institute in Mumbai has been a nurturing ground for students with strong academic capabilities.
- Applicants must pass 10+2 in PMC/B from a recognized board.
- Applicants need to clear MHT-CET or JEE Main.
.• The score in MHT CET is the selection criterion for Maharashtra domicile students.
- For other states’ students, final admission is done based on the JEE Main Ranking.
- MGM’s College of Engineering and Technology
The College of Engineering and Technology (MGMCET) of MGM is controlled by the Mahatma Gandhi Mission, the 1950 Charitable Trust Act, and the 1860 Societies Regulation Act. The university is affiliated with the AICTE. MGMCET is awarded ISO-9001-2000 certification by RINA for providing technical education in the field of engineering.
The institution’s aim is to provide value-based quality education by combining academics with industry exposure. It offers state-of-the-art facilities and learning services to its students with this view in mind.
- The applicant must have cleared the 12th level from any recognized educational board for admission to B.Tech and securing at least 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ST category candidates).
- The college does not have an age limit for entry to the programs.
- Admission to about 85 percent of the college seats is carried out on the basis of the UPSEE exam
- The test is open to applicants from any institution located in the state or whose parents are residents of the state and who have cleared the 12th level.
The engineering colleges and universities discussed in the article offer numerous benefits for the students. For a rocking career in biomedical engineering, get yourself admitted to any of the above-mentioned colleges.
Please note that only 2 colleges are offering B. Tech in Mumbai. So I have added 3 colleges who are offering B.E. which is equivalent to B.Tech.