The alchemy of multi-use skin care products
Get creative with your skin care
I love multi-use skin care products. It is truly the best kept beauty secret, other than edible skin care ingredients.
Who says coconut oil is only for the feet? I use coconut oil in my hair, I also eat it and I would not eat a regular store bought moisturiser with cyclopentasiloxane or parabens in!
Buy coconut oil here (affiliate link)
When is a serum not a serum?
When it is a cuticle cream or nourishing hair creme. Don’t forget that a hand lotion can become a dry foot balm!
Buy less ingredients use them more
The joy of using ingredients that are multifunctional, such as shea butter, argan oil, aloe vera and coconut oil is that you can use them any which way you see fit. Some you can even eat- which is really what all skin care products should be, edible. Learn about non-toxic skin care on a budget
In my hand bag I have some argan oil with a few drops of geranium and lemon, at the moment…
It is in a handy little roller ball bottle. This magical oil (recipe below) has many uses:
Cuticle oil or dry hand oil
Nourish the ends of my hair & smooth wayward strands
Brighten my lips
Give a gentle glow to my eye lids.
Similar ingredients in regular products too
Many ingredients in store bought products are incredibly similar, seeing as you are now an avid label reader you will know that, won’t you?
If you are not reading your labels- learn why reading labels is sensible.
The joy of the similar ingredients is that you can become an alchemist. Mix and match, blend away and get creative.
When mixing stick with balms and simple oils to start with.
An oil serum will work well on the ends of your hair, clearly a lipstick won’t, you get the idea.
Yet, a lipstick will double up as a blusher, if you are like me and forget blusher most days, only to have people comment on what sunscreen I use (I don’t I am just pale) hence using a dab of lipstick to make me look rosier in the cheeks!
Argan oil roller ball recipe:
- Find a clean roller ball bottle- you choose the size you like
- Drop in two drops of your favourite essential oil
- Fill roller ball bottle nearly to the top with argan oil, if you do not have argan oil, use apricot seed oil or sunflower oil
- Put the lid on and bingo, it really is that easy! Ready for deployment to your handbag.
Are confused what is what on your skin care labels?
You’ll also receive the first chapter and introductions to my book “The Radiant Woman’s Handbook, Learn more
Simply sign up for my newsletter and the chapter is yours!
The ingredients card is a must-have shopping companion.
Do you make your own skin care, what are your go-to multi-use ingredients?
©Actual Organics -2012 This article is © Copyright – All rights reserved – ActualOrganics
- Coconut oil uses for the teeth and body - Actual Organics
- DIY nail oil recipe - Actual Organics
- Care for your nails naturally
- detox your bathroom
- How to Get Radiant Skin with Oil Cleansing | MineralSpas.org
- How to Get Radiant Skin with Oil Cleansing | Miract Beauty
- Hot to Get Radiant Skin | Fitness Goop Health Blog
- How to get radiant skin without looking oily
- September link love talks natural shampoo recipe,broth and fermenting